Indoor Air Quality Tips for SummerPosted On: June 14, 2016
Summer can be a rough time for those that suffer from allergies and or respiratory issues. Irritants like pollen, grass seed, mold spores, moisture, and outdoor pollution rise and alongside hot temperatures this can make summer miserable.
If you have had issues in the past with your indoor air quality, you may be looking for ways to improve the air inside your home this summer.
Tips to Improve Your Indoor Air Quality During the Summer
Here are some tips to improve your indoor air quality during the summer and help you breathe easier indoors:
- Control moisture levels in your home – If you have problems with mold and mildew growth it is important to get on top of it. Note the areas in your home that seem to build up moisture and work to keep those areas both clean and dry. You may need to add adequate venting in these areas or you may want to look a installing a whole house humidifier.
- Change your air conditioner’s filter – Your AC filter works hard to clear allergens before they enter your home. It is a good idea to change your filter at least every 3 months. If you have pets you may need to change it every 1-2 months.
- Watch what’s happening – When pollen levels are high or the ozone is bad you can find these numbers on many weather or newscasts. On these days, it is best to not open the windows in your home. Turn your air conditioner on early to help you keep your air clean and cool and enjoy a relaxing day inside.
- Consider installing and air cleaning system – Air cleaning or purifying systems are a great way to keep the air in your home clean and comfortable.
- Get your air ducts cleaned – All kinds of things can build up inside your HVAC air ducts. It is a good idea to get them cleaned every one to two years. This will help remove contaminants and irritants from your home’s air.
- Leave your shoes at the door – Walking in pollen, grass, dirt, and other allergens into your home can be a great way to cause breathing issues to flair up. Have a shoes-off policy inside your home and leave your shoes at the front door.
Simply changing up just a few things you do in and around your home can help improve your indoor air quality.
Indoor Air Quality Services in Scranton, PA
Whether you are looking to install an air purifier or you need to get the moisture levels in your home under control, the team at T.E. Spall can help. We offer indoor air quality testing alongside personalized options to help improve the air quality inside your home.
Contact our team of air quality experts today at 877-591-7508 and breathe easier inside your Pennsylvania home this summer.