- GET 100% FINANCING TODAY!
- Learn How
Geothermal Heat Pumps
Reliable Heat Pump Services in Scranton & Wilkes-Barre, PA
If you live in the Scranton, Pennsylvania area there are a number of inventive programs and tax rebates you can take advantage of to make the cost of geothermal heating and cooling systems more affordable.
Under current federal law, there is a 30 percent tax credit for new geothermal heat pump installations. This allows 30 percent of the cost to be credited toward your taxes owed at the end of the year with no limit on how large the credit can be. In Northeastern Pennsylvania, additional local incentives may be available. Contact T.E. Spall & Son today to learn more about available geothermal incentive programs.
These incentives combined with your annual heating and cooling cost savings will bring the payback period for your system to as little as five years.
Why Should I Install a Geothermal Heat Pump System in Pennsylvania?
- In Northeastern Pennsylvania, the subterranean geothermal temperature is steady in the mid-50s all year long. This temperature range is ideal for a geothermal heating and cooling system installation. In the summer the ground is sufficiently cool enough to handle most of your cooling needs and in the winter, the system will only need to warm the air a fraction of the amount it would if it were a traditional heating system.
- Energy costs are increasing and are projected to continue increasing for the foreseeable future. With heating and cooling accounting for more than fifty percent of an average home’s energy bill, a geothermal heat pump will help you offset rising energy costs.
- Federal and local incentives are helping to make geothermal systems more affordable. Federal incentives expire in 2016 and local incentives expire when money runs out, so take advantage of these before they go away!
- Geothermal heat pumps increase the value of your home. Studies have shown that energy efficient homes not only sell for more, but sell more quickly.
- Geothermal heat pumps are very efficient. New systems can return up to $5 for every $1 that you spend on electricity!
- Geothermal heat pumps have a long lifespan. The heating and cooling components have a lifespan of more than twenty years and the ground looping should be expected to last at least 50 years, assuming proper usage and maintenance.
Receive a Free Geothermal System Estimate Today!
If you are interested in installing a geothermal heating and cooling system at your home in the Scranton, PA area, we will assess your home’s geothermal options and provide a no-cost estimate! Call T.E. Spall & Son today!