Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems in Susquehanna, PA
T.E. Spall & Son is your locally-owned, full-service geothermal heating and cooling system installer.
If you have been looking for ways to reduce your heating and cooling costs in Susquehanna, PA, then a geothermal HVAC system may be for you! Geothermal heating and cooling systems have existed for decades, but new innovations, a rise in popularity, and state, local, and federal incentives have helped to make geothermal systems more affordable than ever.
Since geothermal heat pumps are the most efficient heating and cooling technology available on the market, there is a clear economic benefit to harnessing geothermal energy to heat and cool your home. With heating and cooling accounting for more than half of your home’s annual energy usage, installing a geothermal heat pump in Susquehanna, PA can shave half or more off of your annual heating and cooling bill. If you currently heat your home with heating oil, the savings can be even greater—not to mention much more environmentally friendly!
Geothermal Heat Pump Incentives in Susquehanna, PA
If you live in the Susquehanna, PA area, there are a number of inventive programs and tax rebates you can take advantage of to make the cost of geothermal heating and cooling systems more affordable.
Under current federal law, there is a 30 percent tax credit for new geothermal heat pump installations. This allows 30 percent of the cost to be credited toward your taxes owed at the end of the year with no limit on how large the credit can be. In Northeastern Pennsylvania, additional local incentives may be available. Contact T.E. Spall & Son today to learn more about available incentive programs.
These incentives combined with your annual heating and cooling cost savings will bring the payback period for your system to as little as five years.
Why Should I Install a Geothermal Heat Pump System in Susquehanna, PA?
- In Susquehanna, PA, the subterranean geothermal temperature is steady in the mid-50s all year long. This temperature range is ideal for a geothermal heating and cooling system installation. In the summer the ground is sufficiently cool enough to handle most of your cooling needs and in the winter, the system will only need to warm the air a fraction of the amount it would if it were a traditional heating system.
- Energy costs are increasing and are projected to continue increasing for the foreseeable future. With heating and cooling accounting for more than fifty percent of an average home’s energy bill, a geothermal heat pump will help you offset rising energy costs.
- Federal and local incentives are helping to make geothermal systems more affordable. Federal incentives expire in 2016 and local incentives expire when money runs out, so take advantage of these before they go away!
- Geothermal heat pumps increase the value of your home. Studies have shown that energy efficient homes not only sell for more, but sell more quickly.
- Geothermal heat pumps are very efficient. New systems can return up to $5 for every $1 that you spend on electricity!
- Geothermal heat pumps have a long lifespan. The heating and cooling components have a lifespan of more than twenty years and the ground looping should be expected to last at least 50 years, assuming proper usage and maintenance.
Receive a Free Geothermal System Estimate in Susquehanna, PA Today!
If you are interested in installing a geothermal heating and cooling system at your home in the Susquehanna, PA area, we will assess your home’s geothermal options and provide a no-cost estimate! Call T.E. Spall & Son today!